Missions Get-Together is an annual event planned and hosted by Tennessee WMU for women 18 years of age and older to:
- Experience personal growth.
- Engage in meaningful worship.
- Discover missions and ministry opportunities.
- Enjoy the fellowship of other Christian women.
Registration is open. Click here to register. No registration at the event – everyone must pre-register.
- Registration Fee (includes a box lunch on Friday & Saturday):
– $125 per person from: Jan. 2-Mar. 8, 2024
– $150 per person from: Mar. 9-28, 2024
A list of breakout sessions and leaders will be available soon. Watch the event website and your email inbox.
Please click here for a printable promotion flyer with event details - registration costs and deadlines, theme, schedule, etc. Other promotional items are coming soon to the event website.
Click here for lodging recommendations.
Stay up to date on the latest information on our website or our social media sites (links at end of newsletter).
Focus on WMU Sunday
February 18, 2024
Focus on WMU Sunday is an intentional time to celebrate what God is doing through WMU in your church to reach the world with the good news of Jesus Christ.
Start making plans now for Focus on WMU Sunday, February 18, 2024. Click here for ideas. For more information visit WMU.com.
Great Commission Conversations: IMB Missionary
February 21, 2024
11:00-11:30 AM CST
Join us on February 21st at 11:00 am central time for a Great Commission Conversation as we hear from IMB missionaries, Charlie and Shannon Worthy, and then pray for them.
The conversation via video conference will last approximately 30 minutes. You can stay the whole time or come in and out of the meeting as needed. After the live video conference meeting, a recorded version of the meeting will be placed online for others to view.
Register here to participate.
Upcoming 2024 Great Commission Conversations
March 5 North American Missions Week of Prayer via Zoom, 6:00-6:45 pm
March 20 NAMB Missionary via Zoom, 11:00-11:30 am central
April 17 Tennessee Missions via Zoom, 11:00-11:30 am central
May 15 Denver, via Zoom, 11:00 – 11:30 am central
June 19 International Missionary via Zoom, 11:00 – 11:30 am central
July 17 NAMB Missionary via Zoom, 11:00 – 11:30 am central
August 21 Tennessee Missions via Zoom, 11:00 – 11:30 am central
September 11 Tennessee Missions, via Zoom, 11:00 – 11:30 am central
September 12 State Missions Week of Prayer, via Zoom, 6:00 – 6:45 pm central
October 16 Denver, via Zoom, 11:00 – 11:30 am central
Week of Prayer for North American Missions-Annie Armstrong Easter Offering
Every gift to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering – 100 percent – goes to train, resource and send thousands of missionaries involved in church planting
and compassion ministries across the United States, Canada, and their territories. Lives are being transformed by the gospel because you give.
Standing orders of promotional materials are being shipped to churches.
Contact Jacki Holleman if your church needs to order materials.
Golden Offering for Tennessee Missions
Download the GOTM February 2024 monthly prayer prompts for TBMB ministries supported by gifts from Tennessee Baptists through the Golden Offering.
Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
April 6, 2024, at Wallace Memorial, Knoxville TN
9:00 am - 4:00 pm eastern
Cost: $10 for lunch
Youth Mental Health First Aid is a 7-hour training for adults who regularly interact with young people ages 12 to 18 – youth ministers/workers, parents, teachers, school staff, etc. This training will introduce common mental health challenges for youth, review typical adolescent development, and teach a 5-step action plan to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders, and eating disorders.
Click here to learn more about the course.
Instructor: Dr. Stephanie Evans - Stephanie is a licensed professional counselor, mental health service provider (LPC-MHSP), and a nationally certified counselor with over 17 years of clinical experience, 14 of which were in community mental health. Stephanie received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with a minor in Leadership from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tennessee as well as her Master of Science degree in Guidance and Counseling. Stephanie received her Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Counseling: Teaching and Supervision) degree from Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, Tennessee. She is a trained and certified instructor for Youth Mental Health First Aid, safeTalk, QPR, and Building Strong Brains (Adverse Childhood Experiences).
Click here to register for this one day event. Contact Kim Cruse for more information.
Off the Grid Women's Hiking Trip
Missions and Ministry Leaders
May 17-18, 2024
Experience two days of hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains and one night at Carson Springs Baptist Conference Center. You will experience an approximately 5-mile round trip on Elkmont Nature Trail to Cool Troll Bridge on the first day. We will explore the ruins of the 1900s, Elkmont town. This town was considered the second largest town in the county during its time.
The second day we will hike from Metcalf Bottoms Picnic area to Little Brier Gap Trail. This will be a 7-mile round trip hike. We will hike along Little Brier Gap Trail that runs through the history of a tiny mountain community. Along the trail you’ll see Little Greenbrier School. The school was built in 1882 and served as a schoolhouse and church for the community. The trail leads to the old Walker sisters’ home.
During this trip you will experience 2 days of beautiful scenery, no cell phones and good fellowship with mission and ministry minded women.
2024 Denver Mission Team
Tennessee WMU began a prayer advocacy partnership with Send Denver in 2014 with a desire to engage Tennessee Baptists in prayer for Denver. This has primarily been done by recruiting prayer partners, sending prayer walking mission teams to Denver, and hosting video conference meetings to hear from and pray for Denver church planters.
In 2024, Tennessee WMU is sending a Prayer Walking Mission Team to Denver October 3-7. The team will prayer walk, encourage church planters, and assist in community engagement activities.
Team members must fill out a Mission Volunteer Application, a Release Form, and a Health Form.
Age requirement: 18 years old or older.
Team member costs will include:
- Airfare to/from Denver – Team members book and pay for their own flights.
- $150-200 for transportation in Denver and encouragement/ministry activities with missionaries.
- Lodging for four nights.
- Meals – travel meals and meals in Denver.
Resources and Opportunities
- February WMU mission focus is on the ministry of Catherine Knowles in South Asia. Click here to download resources and information to help your group learn more about them and to pray for their ministry.
- Visit the Tennessee WMU Resources page on our website for Great Commission Conversation videos, prayer walking resource, and more.
- Free downloadable starter packets for missions discipleship are available to help you begin missions small groups for every age in your church. Each pack includes general information, along with sample curriculum materials.
- Download the WorldCrafts and CWJC/CMJC monthly prayer calendars and pray for these ministries.
- Use the NAMB prayer calendar as a guide to pray for NAMB’s missionaries, church planters and chaplains. Use this IMB prayer calendar to help you pray for the least reached.
- Tips and ideas for leading missions discipleship: check out the resources, tips, and planning guides on wmu.com for each age-level that will help you start and lead missions discipleship in your church.
- Tennessee WMU is partnering with Baptist Collegiate Ministries to collect snack foods to help reach students. Click here for more information on locating and contacting your local BCM.
- Do you know a high school student with a passion for missions? Encourage them to apply to be a part of the Venture Team! We are looking for six to eight top-level missional students from across the state to serve on the 2024-2025 Tennessee Youth Venture Team.
Students will be challenged, discipled and mentored in a strategic missions lifestyle through a team retreat, Bible studies, and training/equipping opportunities with mission leaders and missionaries.
More information and the online application will be available soon on our website. Applications and references will be due by May 15 and the term of service will begin on June 1, 2024.
- WMU’s Compassion Ministry of Pure Water, Pure Love provides vital water resources around the world. Your gift to Pure Water, Pure Love supports its three-fold mission: to supply missionaries with water filters, to provide the people they serve with clean water resources, and to supply missions teams with water filters for use on short-term mission trips.
Click here for a printable flyer.
Donate now or send checks made payable to WMU, clearly marked for Pure Water, Pure Love to:
PO Box 830010
Birmingham, AL 35283-0010
- Project HELP is an initiative of WMU that identifies a critical issue, seeks to raise awareness of that issue, and then provide practical approaches anyone can implement to meet needs and share the gospel. During 2022-24, the Project HELP critical issue is mental health. WMU provides multiple avenues for churches to raise awareness and equip members to lead and champion mental health initiatives in the church and in local communities. For more information and resources, click here.
- Sign up for Compassion Ministries Bulletin Board monthly email to connect with other churches and ministries. Contact Carrie Kidd.