This is an update from the Georgia Immunization Program regarding VFC supplied COVID-19 and Nirsevimab:
- The Georgia VFC Program has been allocated a limited amount of Niversimab (Trade name Beyfortus-50 mg monoclonal antibody (MAB))
- The Georgia VFC Program was not allocated any Beyfortus-100 mg MAB.
- The Georgia VFC Program has not been allocated any 317 funded RSV vaccines for uninsured/underinsured adults.
The Georgia VFC Program will need to cap the number of Beyfortus doses VFC providers can request to 20 doses. VFC Providers can request less than 20 doses, but the amount needs to be an increment of 5 doses.
- Beyfortus-50 is now turned on in GRITS for VFC supplied requests.
- CDC anticipates additional RSV MAB to arrive at McKesson depots every 2-3 weeks.
ACTION REQUIRED: Please update your vaccine preferences in GRITS before ordering. Otherwise, your clinics may not see the Beyfortus products.
Friendly reminder: Clinics can place VFC vaccine requests, in GRITS, every 14 days. Clinics will need to submit an inventory on hand count in GRITS if placing an order 14 days from their last submission.