The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is providing updated information for California healthcare providers regarding the evaluation and management of patients suspected of having Ebola virus disease (EVD). To date, there have been no cases of EVD related to this outbreak reported in the United States or any other country outside of Uganda.
As early EVD symptoms are non-specific, healthcare providers should ask all patients presenting with acute, possibly infectious illness, about recent travel history.
Contact Public Health immediately if a patient is identified who is concerning for Ebola.
Los Angeles County DPH Acute Communicable Disease Control:
- Weekdays 8:30am–5pm: call 213-240-7941.
- After-hours: call 213-974-1234 and ask for the physician on call.
Long Beach Health and Human Services:
- Weekdays 8am-5pm: call 562-570-4302.
- After hours: call the Duty Officer at 562-500-5537.
Pasadena Public Health Department:
- Weekdays 8am-5pm: call 626-744-6089.
- After hours: call 626-744-6043.