Children will process to the ceremony with their classes. Please follow normal carpool procedures to drop off your children and then proceed to the East Parking Lot by the gym to park. Staff members will direct you to available parking. We do encourage carpooling. Click HERE
for directions and a campus map.
Thank you all of our families for your patience and support as new carpool routines are being learned this year. We continue to evaluate ways to make our carpool process more efficient.
Please note the following CARPOOL CHANGES:
- The South (Yellow) Loop will now open for automobiles to queue up beginning at 2:30 p.m. The other loops open at 2:40 p.m. This allows automobiles heading to the South Loop to clear the 4-way stop, allowing others to queue up in the West (Green) and North (Blue) loops.
- Once past the 4-way stop, there will now be two lanes approaching the West and North Loops. Those going to the West (Green) Loop should use the left lane. Those going to the North (Blue) loop should use the right lane. (We will be marking the pavement to reflect this.)
- Cross Country team members will begin and end their practices in the South (Yellow) Loop, so parents should pick up their runners in the South Loop.
- Morning Gym drop-off now closes at 7:40. If you arrive at 7:40 a.m., please proceed to your designated carpool loop to await drop-off.
- LATE ARRIVALS: A reminder that if you arrive after 8 a.m. and the cones are up, you must park and walk to sign in your child at the front office.
Extended Day Pick-Up Changes:
- Pick-up for Middle School Extended Day will now take place through the main Singleton Hall front door (in the West-Green Loop) until 4:30 p.m. After 4:30 p.m., Middle School pickup is now at the Dragon's Den door of Hubbard Hall to the left of the main front door.
- Pick-up for 2nd-5th grade Extended Day will now take place through the Dragons Den to the left of the main front door of Hubbard Hall.
- Please contact Allyson Steele with questions.
6th/7th Grade Challenge Discovery Forms Due ASAP
The sixth and seventh grades will be spending Tuesday, September 18 at Challenge Discovery
on the University of Richmond’s campus.
Please register your child online HERE by Friday, September 14.
There are TWO required forms: a medical information form and a participant agreement. After completing the participant agreement, a confirmation email will be sent to you. Please keep the confirmation email for your records.
Back to School Nights
Below please find the schedule for Back to School Nights by grade.
Sixth Grade Families: In addition to the Middle School Back to School night, a separate SIXTH GRADE calendar meeting will be held on Monday, September 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the Great Hall.
Eighth Grade Families: A reminder that a Camping Trip meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, September 11 in the Allen Library (preceding Back to School Night) to review the plan for the trip.
First Fire Drill Notice: Sept 12
On Wednesday, September 12, we will conduct our first fire drill of the school year at 9:15 a.m. This will be a practice fire drill for all grades K-8 so students learn the process of evacuating the Singleton Campus buildings and where safe locations are in case of emergency.
Volunteer for the SMPA!
St. Michael's is a vibrant School because of strong volunteer support!
The St. Michael's Parents Association (SMPA) sponsors many fun activities to enhance our St M community and welcomes volunteer help and support. Click HERE to express interest in a volunteer activity.
Exploring Faith Begins 9/17! (For Grades 6-8)
Monday Morning, September 17, 7:15-7:45 a.m., Middle School Allen Library
Mrs. Evans and Mr. Hansen will be leading a brand new group this year for Middle Schoolers called Exploring Faith. In this before-school gathering, we will explore the hard questions of our faith and try to grapple with the answers together.
Join us for some treats, fun games, and engaging discussion twice a month starting Monday, September 17
! Please contact Mr. Hansen
to confirm your child's interest.
Say Cheese! School Pictures!
New this year, school pictures will be ordered online after picture day. The link with ordering instructions will be provided to parents via email once pictures are taken. Even if you’re not planning to order photos, all students will have a picture taken for the yearbook.
Middle School pictures will be taken on Monday, Sept. 17.
Lower School pictures will be taken on Tuesday, Sept. 18.
Eighth Grade Class Pictures: Special Instructions
is the link for special instructions for 8th grade parents/students regarding school pictures. Please review these instructions so you may plan accordingly.
Please contact Tracy Ward or Christi McFadden.
Preventing Back to School Germs
To keep our students and faculty healthy and safe, a friendly reminder that students need to be symptom-free of contagious illnesses (fever, gastroenteritis, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school.
Come Race for CHAnge!
Race for the CHAnge (CHA = Cooper Henry Abbott)
- 5K AND a Children's Fun Run
- Saturday, October 13 at 9 a.m.
- Plus a "Virtual Run" for those that cannot attend but wish to support the race
St. Michael's is organizing a team to run in the Race for CHAnge to raise funds for pediatric cancer research. This event is in memory of St M student Cooper Henry Abbott who lost his battle to the disease last November at age 9. Bring your kids and your family as we race to bring CHAnge to kids fighting cancer.
The race begins and ends at Midlothian Middle School (parking available on site) and the course will round Loch Lothian and continue through the historic Midlothian Mine ruins.
Show your DRAGON PRIDE with St M Spiritwear!
Visit our spiritwear website HERE to place online orders for St M apparel.
From shirts and string bags to belts and hats, we have lots of exciting items!
Let's Be Friends!
Get connected to keep abreast of St M news, events, calendar changes and information.
Current and past issues of "This Week at St. Michael's" are now archived on our website under "News and Events
," as well as under "Community
Dates to Remember
Please check our online School Calendar
for the UPDATED 2018-2019 Academic Calendar.
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to our School calendars
and receive automatic updates! Please subscribe to the ALL SCHOOL calendar, PLUS the Lower School or Middle School calendar (or both) as needed.
Monday, Sept. 10:
- St. Michael's 61st Birthday!
- Middle School Dragon Dress Day
- Hubbard Hall Dedication, 8:15 a.m.
Tuesday, Sept 11:
- 8th Grade Camping Trip Parent Meeting, 6 p.m., Allen Library
- Middle School Back to School Night, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept 12:
- Middle School Chapel, 8:05 a.m.
- Lower School Chapel, 8:45 a.m.
- Kindergarten Back to School Night, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, Sept 13:
- 8th Grade Camping Trip, 7:30 a.m. departure from old Martin's parking lot at Stony Point Shopping Center
- 4th Grade Back to School Night, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept 14:
Note: Due to the volume of sports practices, please consult the online School calendar for practice dates and times.
MS Chapel Opportunity
It is a St M tradition to have Middle School students to play leadership roles in weekly chapels. Mr. Hansen would like to have as many students involved as possible in the areas of:
Music, Design, Reading / Liturgy, Drama, and Giving Chapel Talks.
Please contact Mr. Hansen
if interested in participating.
MS Summer Service Hours