Thank you to our members who have already renewed in 2023!
For those who haven’t renewed yet and may still be contemplating membership, I’m writing this month in the hopes you'll renew your membership with us.
Here’s a look at how we supported our members last year. In 2022, our staff:
- Responded to over 700 technical assistance calls
- Provided over 20 statewide trainings for advocates
- Provided over 20 specialized trainings tailored to the needs of a member program or other agency
- Expanded language access in our trainings and technical assistance services
- Built and led online communities for advocates seeking to deepen their Accessible, Culturally-responsive, Trauma-informed (ACRTI) work
- Built a new course on ACRTI Principles for our Online Learning Center
- Worked with DVP to bring over $5,000,000 in Flexible Funding to survivors through local domestic violence programs
- Worked with CCASA, COVA, and the legislature to secure over $45,000,000 to fill gaps in funding VOCA funding and keep programs open
Our goal is always to support the work of our members – to help their advocacy be more inclusive and their teams better prepared. We hope these numbers convey this goal in action.
At the same time, numbers don’t always fully capture success in advocacy. To me, the true value of membership is measured in connection and relationship. So I ask you to join, or rejoin, our work - not because we measure membership in numbers, but because the real value is in our relationship to one another. It is our connection that creates healing, our community that builds strength, and our collaboration that brings about real change.
As always, if you have questions about how we can support you, please reach out.